Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to your most common accounting and tax questions
What documents do I need to file my taxes?

We have provided a helpful checklist of all the documents required in order to file your tax return. Visit our Resources page to download a checklist of the documents needed from the Dreamline Resources section.

If I am a 1099 Independent Contractor, what forms do I need?

As an Independent Contractor, you are required to submit specific information. Please visit our Resources page to download a Schedule C Worksheet from the Dreamline Resources section.

How long does it take to get my taxes filed?

Once we have all of your documentation, we file your taxes by sending them electronically to the IRS the same day. The IRS processes tax returns within 10 to 21 business days.

Where is my tax refund?

To obtain the status of your tax refund, visit the IRS.Gov “Get Refund Status” web page. You will need to provide your social security number, your filing status (single, married, head of household etc.), and your refund amount as shown on your tax return. Click here to go to the IRS.Gov site now.

Can I change my tax return after I submit it?

To make changes to your original tax return, you can file an Amended Tax Return with form 1040X. You will need to enter the correct information and an explanation of the reason you are making the changes on your original tax return.

If you have already received your tax refund, you can still file an amended tax return. If you are filing an amended return to claim an additional refund, we recommend waiting until after you have received your original refund before filing the amended return. You do not have to wait for the additional refund before cashing the first refund check.

How can I get a copy of my tax return previously filed?

Yes, Dreamline Accounting offers an easy and convenient way to request a copy of a previously filed tax return. Dreamline only accepts requests using our online payment processing and request form. To request a copy of your return, click here.

How do I get a pin from the IRS for my taxes?

When e-Filing your taxes, the IRS will need to verify your identity (and your spouse if filing jointly) with a 5-digit Electronic Filing Pin. There are two ways to obtain your pin:

  1. Call 1-866-704-7388 to get your official PIN from the IRS’s Electronic Filing Service
  2. Go to the IRS.gov website: Validating Your Electronically Filed Tax Return

The IRS will request a few pieces of information from last year’s tax return for verification purposes. Once you’ve provided that, you’ll get your 5-digit PIN so you can e-file your return. (You’ll also need to request a separate PIN for your spouse if you’re filing a joint return.)

What is an amended tax return?

An Amended Tax Return is a return filed in order to make corrections to a tax return from a previous year. An amended return can be used to correct errors and claim a more advantageous tax filing. For example, in the case that there were misreported earnings or dependents, you may choose to file an amended tax return.

Where is my amended tax return?

If you have filed an Amended Tax Return and need to know the status, visit the IRS.gov website here: Where’s My Amended Return?

Have a Question Not Answered Here?

Send us a message with your question!

10 + 8 =

Hablamos Espanol: Traduzca esta pagina

Free Resources & Updates to Your Email

* indicates required

We're here to help